A SSFA is a very good way to bring together parents, teachers and others who are interested in supporting the school. It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together with a common goal. All parents and teachers can get involved if they want to even if they only have a small amount of time available. We are a friendly, sociable group with the school, its children and staff at the heart of all we do.
Why is being involved in the SSFA a ‘good thing’?
It can help parents:
- improve the school
- get to know each other – whilst taking part in a range of activities
- to have a friendly ear if they want to talk about something
- find out more about how they can help the school work
- fundraise for extra items or services to enrich the children’s education
It can help children:
- receive a richer education as a result of items bought by the SSFA
- benefit from your increased understanding of how to help the school
It can help teachers:
- reach potential volunteers and enthusiasts who may help with school projects
- use the resources and facilities etc purchased by the SSFA
What does the SSFA do?
- help the school provide “extras” for the pupils
- run social events for parents and children
- Christmas Fayre
- Teatime Hike
- Summer BBQ
- provide helpers for outings and special events