Class Four: Nursery and Reception Class
Welcome Class 4’s web page. We hope you will find the information presented interesting and useful.
Class Teacher: Miss Young
Early Years practitioners: Mrs Adams, Mrs Wilson.
Class 4 is a mix of Nursery and Reception children. The Nursery children go home at 11.45am or they can go to the lunch club until 12.45pm. Reception Class finishes at 2.55 pm.
We passionately follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. Much of the teaching and learning is completed through Play Based and Child Initiated activities. Taking the children’s interests as a starting point, teachers and practitioners will plan a variety of activities designed to develop and extend children’s learning and understanding.
Children’s learning is recorded in individual Learning Journals, which include photographs, observations, and samples of work, both independent and teacher led. Parents are encouraged to contribute and share in these Journals and do this, through sending in ‘News from Home’. The children love to stand up and confidently talk about what they have learned from home with their peers.
At Stapleford Primary School we acknowledge the expertise of parents in relation to their children and strive to work closely with them. For some children, Nursery or Reception will be their first experience of school and being away from home. With this in mind, our aim is to make this as pleasurable and stress free as possible, for both the children and the parents. We provide a warm, inviting environment for learning and activities are planned carefully to provide a positive context for learning and teaching, both indoors and outdoors. Staff are available to talk to parents at the start and end of the day.
Other information and reminders:
- Reception children will change their library book on a Tuesday.
- Reception children will receive a reading book and a homework pack every Friday. Please bring this into school by the following Wednesday.
- PE is on Wednesday: please ensure your child has a clean, named PE kit in school.
- Please provide your child with outdoor shoes (old trainers, wellies) and a water bottle.
- Please ensure your child has their book bag in school every day to put in letters, drawings and anything they have made, etc., to take home.
- Please ensure your child brings weather appropriate clothing, hats, coats etc.
Welcome back to School…
Hello to all Nursery and Reception parents and welcome to the Autumn Term. We hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer! We extend a warm welcome to the new children who have joined Nursery and Reception and hope you all settle in quickly.
Our topic for this half term is ‘Me and My World’.
Children will be learning:
- To look at and describe their appearance
- To talk about their families and homes
- To name different body parts
- About the 5 senses
- To talk about their hobbies, likes and dislikes
- About their feelings and what makes them happy and sad
- To understand and appreciate that everyone is different.
Things to do at home: