Class Four: Nursery and Reception Class
Class Teacher: Miss Wenlock
Early Years practitioners: Miss Hampson, Mrs Wilson.
Class 4 is a mix of Nursery and Reception children. We passionately follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum whereby children are enriched with a mixture of adult-led and child-initiated learning. Taking the children’s interests as a starting point, we create enriching opportunities both inside and beyond the classroom for our class to enjoy and grow together.
At Stapleford Primary School we acknowledge the expertise of parents in relation to their children and strive to work in partnership. For some children, Nursery or Reception will be their first experience of school and being away from home. With this in mind, we work closely to support both your child and parent/guardians to create a smooth transition. We encourage parents to inform us of any interests and events happening at home so we can share and celebrate these within school.
Other information and reminders:
- PE is on Wednesday: please ensure your child comes to school in their PE kit and school shoes. We will change into trainers when we go outside for PE.
- Please provide your child with outdoor shoes (old trainers, wellies) and a named water bottle.
- Reception and Nursery children will take home a home/school communication diary which will be checked each morning. This is to let us know of any news/updates/special events etc happening at home.
- Forest school is every other Thursday: please ensure that your child comes to school with weather appropriate clothing and old trainers/wellies.
- Children should bring their book bag to school every day. Please make sure you look in the book bag daily. We encourage children to read/discuss their reading book at home daily with a grown up. Please record this alongside any comments within their reading records.
- As the learning of Phonics progresses, homework will be set every Friday and should be completed and returned by Wednesday.
- The children will visit the school library every Wednesday. They will choose a book to take home to read. Please ensure you return the book in time for your child to change it the following week.
- Nursery children will take home a story pack every Friday. This will contain a story with props and/or activities for you to enjoy together at home. Please ensure that you return the complete pack by the following Wednesday.
Autumn term 2022
Our topic for this half term is ‘All about me’.
The children will be learning about:
- Myself and my family
- Keeping ourselves healthy
- Our body
- Changes in seasons
- The Gift of Giving – Harvest
Things you could do at home to consolidate your child’s learning:
- Who is in my family? What makes me special? What do I like/dislike? What do I want to be when I grow up?
- Seasonal walks – What do you notice? What can you smell? What can you hear? What can you see? What does Autumn feel like?
- Daily reading.
Phonics Playhttps://www.topmarks.co.uk/CBeebiesICT Games – teaching resources for Numeracy and Literacy with children’s activities linked to objectiveshttps://www.purplemash.com/sch/stapleford-sg14
If you have any questions or would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.